We can all agree that there is nothing worse than being at a wedding with NOTHING to do. Yes, you may be seeing family/friends you haven’t seen in years and having a giant catch-up session, but at the same time, just standing around.
So, if you can find a way to make your wedding a little bit more entertaining for your guests, you are going to make it one to remember. It doesn’t mean that you have to pull out ALL the stops and splurge on the fanciest entertainers? Just simple things can make a big difference.
- Food – a few canapes during the reception to tide everyone over until the wedding breakfast (especially if you know there is going to be a long turnaround). If your venue does some different ones than the standard finger food, even better! In the evening, think about having some snacks such as popcorn, candy floss and doughnuts – we can supply ALL of these! Mmm, this is making me hungry!
- If you have a lot of children coming, think about some entertainment for them. We supply a puppet show and can ask Penelope Pig to make an appearance. But we can also recommend a bouncy castle (if there is space) or perhaps some games? We have plenty of choices both indoor and outdoor to keep the young and young-at-heart entertained
- Speaking of games, we recently held a wedding where they held a wedding bingo during the drinks reception and it went down brilliantly! You can get really creative with this in the rules, prizes (and forfeits…!)
- The last one on games, we promise – why not have some beer or prosecco pong for late at night? A big night out like a wedding evening do isn’t complete without a drinking game of some sort.
- One of the most popular choices to have at any wedding now is a photo booth – and there are so many choices out there: indoor and outdoor, small and large! They’re a brilliant idea for everyone to get a bit silly with a wide range of props, from hats to inflatable guitars.
- Singing waiters – this is a fantastic choice and one that always brought some fun to a wedding. Yes they may be cheesy, but you have to have the camembert somewhere and a singing waiter is a great choice to get everyone up and dancing
Of course, there are plenty more choices you can do, but this would otherwise get VERY long – but one last tip. Make sure whatever you pick suits you and your partner as a couple and your guests. For example, if you know there will be a lot of people coming who don’t drink, then a beer or prosecco pong may not be the best idea. And of course, have it something that fits in with your budget.