So, you have your heart set on a wedding in the great outdoors – when looking at venues, you will then need to take a few things into account compared to general venue searching. Fret not, we’re here to help you.
However: it is important to remember that Mother Nature can be a b**** sometimes (this is the UK after all), so ALWAYS ensure venues you’re looking around have a backup plan indoors, with plenty to keep your guests happy if it decides to tip it down!
Now with that out of the way, here are some things to think about with an outdoor wedding:
- Is there plenty of space? This is dependent on your party size to an extent, but if there is space as big as your garden (unless you have a massive garden), don’t bother. If the venue cannot guarantee exclusivity, then this may not be advisable either, as you may not want your party mixing with another wedding on the lawn….!
- This may be a little biased, as we have gorgeous views from the top of the Lancashire countryside – but it is a massive plus if you have a better view than just the venue’s car park…
- Is there a licensed ceremony area? This is a must-have for any outdoor wedding! We have our Wedding Pavilion on our front field, but some other venues will have it more as a canopy. Have a look at different options and see what works best – and the license is VERY important, otherwise, you would have to do the legal part elsewhere.
- Are there plenty of photo opportunities? A garden, feature wall or other nooks and crannies that your photographer will love. A lot of photographers have now told us we are one of their favourite venues due to all the photo opportunities we have – the giant LOVE letters, our tractor and the woods around Barons Farm just to name a few. Oh, and a little gazebo at the far end of the Farm, which is PERFECT for a sunset shot!
- If the venue has an outdoor bar, that’s a big bonus!
- Are there any other features/things to do outside – for example, we supply a large range of outdoor games from crazy golf and giant Jenga, to croquet and tug of war. We do also have space to hire a bouncy castle if you wish.