Spring is the time of re-birth, and after the Winter we have had, it could not have come at a better time if we’re at all honest.
If you’re planning a small Spring ceremony this year, or prepping for the future, here are a couple of top tips from us to get this beautiful season make your wedding burst with life, in celebration of the first official day of Spring.
- Spring is THE season to get the most out of your flowers. The majority of blooms are popping up and (pun intended) in season around this time, so go full throttle.
- In particular, nothing says Spring more than blossom – a few blossom trees or petals sprinkled down the aisle screams Spring! It’s also a lovely nod to the Sakura Festival in Japan, which celebrates the oncoming of Spring in the country, turning the landscape pink
- Daylight is starting to stay on for longer, which means more chances for outdoor photos, and potentially some gorgeous sunset shots
- Pastels or bright colours are the way to go for a Spring wedding. Click our blog here to find out more about the colour trends for this coming year: Wedding Trends 2021 #4 – Colour me 2021! | The Wellbeing Farm Wedding and Events Venue
- Get rustic and creative with your props. The bare wooden look goes incredibly well with a lot of Spring colours. We have many example of this in our Prop Shed: from vintage ladders, to a wooden washing line to hang photos, or to use as your table plan
- What other festival kicks off in Spring? Easter of course! If your wedding is round this holiday, decorate with nests and/or have chocolate eggs as favours. Maybe even have a mini Easter egg hunt if you know there will be a lot of children at your big day
- While we of course hope for the best weather possible, we know April is famous for a shower or two. Here’s some tips to help prepare in case the weather opens: What happens if it rains during my wedding? | The Wellbeing Farm Wedding and Events Venue