The pandemic has told us how important our loved ones are; but also how important our mental health is. And as planning your wedding is up there with the most stressful things that happen in our lifetimes, it is no wonder we are seeing a greater awareness and care in making weddings that are not only fun, but are also mindful of the couple.
Sometimes, so much time and energy can be spent into planning one day, that couples can forget what it’s really about. And especially after the pandemic, we think it’s time to help couples out, and let the wedding get back to what it’s really about; two people in love.
Here are our tips to mindful weddings:
- Plan moments for yourself as an individual and as a couple. Plan a day out away from wedding planning? For plan bits in short bursts. One step at a time does it.
- Don’t rely on getting everything arranged yourselves. Allow your families and friends to help you
- Forget perfection. We know this is easier said than done, but you can’t control everything. Things are bound to go wrong at some point, but it’s not those that your guests are going to dwell on. Or worst case scenario, they’ll laugh about them afterwards. Remember to not focus on every detail and instead enjoy the planning process
- Have your wedding unplugged. Leave the phone at home, or with a trusted friend or family member. This is your day, notifications can wait. Consider asking your guests not to post anything on social media from your wedding, at least until the official pictures are released
- Make the most of wedding hacks. Not all of them will work for you, but if any catch your eye, definitely investigate. It could well save you time, money and stress.
- Mindfulness can also stretch to helping others on your big day. We have seen a growing trend of couples asking for charitable donations to a cause personal to them as part of their favours. This could be something to consider if there is a cause you both are particularly passionate about
- Be eco-mindful. We’ve recently done another piece about the growth of environmentally friendly weddings, so click here to read more about that
- Make it simple and consider a DIY wedding – we will get more into this one later 😉
To read more of our pieces on wellbeing, wellness and mindful weddings, click here